Credit: Food Network/Spinach and Food Network/Tomatoes
Sauteed Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
- 3 cups fresh spinach (rinsed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- half an onion (chopped)
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar (I like Trader Joe’s)
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the tomatoes on a sheet pan, drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the tomatoes collapse, about 13 minutes.
- Rinse and dry spinach. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- In a very non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute, but not until it’s browned. Add chopped onion and sauté until nearly translucent.
- Add the spinach to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste) and toss with the garlic, onions & oil, cover the pan, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pan, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted.
- Using tongs, lift the spinach to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with white balsamic vinegar. Top with roasted cherry tomatoes and feta. Serve hot.