This is a great simple late spring or summer dish that the whole family will love.
Honey Dijon Chicken Skewers
- 6-8 chicken thighs (or 3-5 chicken breasts), cut into 1 inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (I have this awesome garlic dill mustard from Paradigm foods that I used instead of Dijon)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (depending on the sweetness you like)
- 3/4 teaspoon tabasco
- ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, tabasco, pepper and salt. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto skewers while cooking (optional). Place chicken pieces into bowl or put chicken and marinade into a gallon sized ziploc bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers (if using wood skewers, be sure to soak in advance).
- Lightly oil the grill. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
- Serve immediately and pair with Sautéed Spinach with cherry tomatoes & feta.
*Note: I have a preference for dark meat, so I choose to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but if your more of a breast human, then breast it up friends!