Favorite Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Creamy Light Peanut Butter
- 1 egg*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Reese Pieces
- 24 mini peanut butter cups
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (I like to cover with parchment paper). If you want to add candies: Place 5-8 Reese Pieces on each of the cookies and one mini Reese Peanut Butter Cup in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned; remove from oven. Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 20 cookies.
1) Egg replacement: Sometimes I like to replace the egg with a 1/4 cup applesauce. Two reasons for this: (1) sometimes I don’t have eggs and need a quick replacement and more importably (2) I’m a fan of eating raw cooking dough and sometimes the whole raw egg thing can give me the heebie jeebies, so the applesauce helps with that.
2) Make extra raw cookies and separate with parchment paper and put in the freezer to eat later. I sometimes even like eating frozen raw cookie dough. (no judgements friends!)